Why Get Certified?
Whether you're just starting the journey or are well on the path of a successful health information management (HIM) professional career, AHIMA certification in HIM, coding, healthcare privacy and security, or health data analysis is your guide to career enhancement, increased salary, and greater success in your chosen profession. AHIMA credentials are earned through a challenging program of examinations, education, and experience, and maintained through continuous review and education.
Employers Value Credentials
Earning an AHIMA credential puts you in a special league, positioning you as a leader and role model in the health informatics and information management community. Investing in AHIMA certification is an investment in yourself and your long-term career. AHIMA certification can help you:
- Improve your earning potential
- Open the door to more career advancement opportunities
- Increase your job mobility and choices even in the face of a tough job market
- Reach your short-term job goals,and position yourself for success in your long-term career
- Provide a foundation of broad and deep understanding
- Be associated with AHIMA's strong and longstanding reputation of integrity and excellence.
- Connect with a strong network of AHIMA-certified peers. Earning an AHIMA credential plugs you into a prestigious community of ongoing support. Although membership is not required to become AHIMA-certified, you can enhance your connection by becoming an AHIMA member.
- AHIMA- Credentialed Professionals Deliver Value